Are you ready to embark on a culinary adventure and create the flakiest, most buttery biscuits you’ve ever tasted? Look no further than our Homemade Butter Swim Biscuits recipe. These delectable biscuits are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a side dish for any meal. Let’s dive into the recipe!
|Unsalted butter||½ cup|
|All-purpose flour||2 ½ cups|
|Baking powder||4 teaspoons|
|White sugar||4 teaspoons|
|Buttermilk||1 ¾ cups|
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place the butter in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring at 20-second intervals until the butter is fully melted.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Stir in the buttermilk until the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, spreading it evenly over the melted butter.
- Use a bench scraper to cut the dough into 9 equal pieces.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the biscuits start to brown on top.
Tips for Perfect Homemade Butter Swim Biscuits
- Use Cold Butter: For the flakiest biscuits, make sure your butter is cold. You can even place it in the freezer for a few minutes before using it.
- Don’t Overmix: When combining the ingredients, be gentle. Overmixing can lead to tough biscuits. Mix just until everything is incorporated.
- Uniform Size: Cutting the dough into equal pieces ensures that the biscuits bake evenly.
- Serve Warm: These biscuits are best enjoyed fresh out of the oven when they are at their flakiest and most delicious.