°2 pounds minced meat
°4 Yukon Gold Fries
°2 cans mixed vegetables
°1 can of sweet corn,
°1 can Tomato Soup
°1 can tomatoes
°1 can be chopped green beans, undrained
°pinch of salt
°2 tablespoons of sugar
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
- Frying and draining the minced meat
- Place beef and potatoes in a large slow cooker.
- Add all the vegetable cans, tomato soup can and tomato cubes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, add the secret ingredient that sets this apart from your average soup – sugar (thanks to Grandma Hazel)!!
Mix them well and simmer for 2-3 hours in a slow cooker.
Of course you can substitute fresh or frozen vegetables, but you will need to add a can or two of beef broth to this. No need to add this if using canned vegetables, as unfiltered cans will add – providing liquid and flavor.