This Super Delicious Overnight French Toast Bake Recipe Takes French Toast To A Whole New Level! Pieces Of Sourdough Bread Covered In An Egg Mixture, Topped With Cinnamon Sugar, And Baked To Perfection! This Easy French Toast Casserole Is The Ultimate Holiday Or Weekend Breakfast!!
Breakfast recipes are just that great! I feel like we don’t get to eat them often enough in the mornings since we’re usually in a rush, but we occasionally get to enjoy them on the weekends and holidays. One holiday we always have breakfast is on Mother’s Day. And usually I’m not the one that has to bake it!! ?
One of my favorite recipes to enjoy on this day is French Toast, and more specifically, today’s French Toast Bake. This breakfast bake is simple to make and is beyond delicious!!
This french toast casserole is made from pieces of sourdough bread, covered in an egg mixture, and topped with a buttery cinnamon sugar topping. Talk about DELICIOUS, right?
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf Texas toast
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar (for sprinkling)
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar….stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan….spread around
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single layer of Texas Toast in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Add 2nd layer of Texas Toast
7. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
8. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
9. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
10. Sprinkle with powdered sugar
11. Serve with warm maple syrup